Welcome to Wausaukee Wisconsin
Wausaukee is centrally located in the northern County of Marinette, right on Highway 141. Marinette County offers vast public lands, ATV/snowmobile trails, and beautiful scenery including waterfalls, lakes, streams, forests, and rolling hills.
In fact, the name Wausaukee comes from the native settlers in the area – the Menominee Indians – and means “among the rolling hills.” The Wausaukee area is a great place for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping.
Wausaukee was originally founded in 1887. It grew because of the logging industry in the area. Over the years, many businesses came to Wausaukee to support the logging community including saw mills, grocery stores, restaurants, churches, and schools. To learn more about the history of Wausaukee click here. You will find information about the original founders, historic buildings, and industries in the area including over 200 authentic, historical photos.
Take your time to peruse our site and learn about wonderful Wausaukee, Wisconsin and all that it has to offer!
- Special Meeting to Fill Vacant Trustee SeatA Special Village Board meeting will be held on Friday, January 25th at 3:30 pm to fill the vacant seat of Trustee Ray Gordon. The Board is likely to nominate a candidate to replace Trustee Gordon on the ballot for the Spring Election to be held April 2, 2019. Click... Read more »
- Notice of Possible Quorum – 1/28/19Senator Tom Tiffany and Representative Jeff Mursau will hold a public listening session on 1/28/19 at the Wausaukee Village Hall. This notice is posted to meet the requirements of the Open Meetings Act in the event that the number of Village Board members present at the meeting makes the Act... Read more »
- Public Hearing Regarding Proposed CDBG Grant ApplicationThe Citizen Participation Committee of the Village of Wausaukee will conduct a public hearing regarding its proposed application for grant funds from the Community Development Block Grant – Planning Grant Program (CDBG-PLNG). The public is invited to attend to learn about the CDBG program, to help identify additional community development... Read more »
- Fair Housing Ordinance AmendmentThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on April 18th, 2018 approved an amendment to Village ordinance 2018-09. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment – 2018-09 The post Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Public Notice – Registry Listing for Zoning ChangesPursuant to Wis. Stats. Secs. 62.23(7)(d)4 and 66.1001(4)(f), the Village has adopted Ordinance 2018-13 (Sec. 13-1-226) which states that the Village must maintain a list of citizens who submit a written or electronic request to receive notice of any proposed municipal zoning action or ordinance change, or comprehensive plan amendment,... Read more »
- We Want Your Opinion!!The Village of Wausaukee wishes to improve the user experience at Evergreen Campground and we want your input! Currently, the Village is contemplating upgrades to include: a new bathroom/shower facility water and sewer hook-ups at the campsites trail markers and signage for the walking trails warming shelter/trail head for snowshoeing... Read more »
- Ordinance AmendmentsThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on February 21st, 2018 approved amendments to Village ordinances 2018-01 to 2018-06. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. 2018-01 2018-02 2018-03 2018-04 2018-05 2018-06 The post Ordinance Amendments appeared first on Village... Read more »