Welcome to Wausaukee Wisconsin
Wausaukee is centrally located in the northern County of Marinette, right on Highway 141. Marinette County offers vast public lands, ATV/snowmobile trails, and beautiful scenery including waterfalls, lakes, streams, forests, and rolling hills.
In fact, the name Wausaukee comes from the native settlers in the area – the Menominee Indians – and means “among the rolling hills.” The Wausaukee area is a great place for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping.
Wausaukee was originally founded in 1887. It grew because of the logging industry in the area. Over the years, many businesses came to Wausaukee to support the logging community including saw mills, grocery stores, restaurants, churches, and schools. To learn more about the history of Wausaukee click here. You will find information about the original founders, historic buildings, and industries in the area including over 200 authentic, historical photos.
Take your time to peruse our site and learn about wonderful Wausaukee, Wisconsin and all that it has to offer!
- Independence Day Fireworks Display Donation FormThe Fireworks in the Village of Wausaukee have been solely sponsored by donations. We want to continue the tradition of great fireworks and we need your help. All of the money received for fireworks comes from individual donations, business contributions, and budgeted funds from the Village and Town of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Village Board VacancyThe Village of Wausaukee is seeking to fill the unexpired term of Trustee Randy Schmidt. The Village Board will appoint a Trustee to serve the remainder of the term which expires in April of 2020. The appointee may choose to run for election to a regular 2-year term at... Read more »
- Notice of Open Book & Board of ReviewClick here to read the official notice of Open Book and BOR Open Book: Notice is hereby given that the 2019 assessment roll will be open for public inspections in the clerk’s office at the Wausaukee Village Hall on Monday, May 6, 2019. Hours of public inspection are from... Read more »
- Spring Clean-Up Day and Leaves and Brush Pick-up Week in MayLeaves and Brush Pick-Up Week The Village will be picking up leaves and brush curbside the week of May 13-17, 2019. Please see the official notice for details. Spring Clean-Up Day Spring Clean-Up Day – The Village will be providing dumpsters for the disposal of items not... Read more »
- Notice to residents/businesses regarding sump pump dischargeVillage of Wausaukee Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator in Charge, Jeff Mayou, has issued a public statement regarding illicit sump pump connections to the sanitary sewer system. Violators may be subject to fines up to $2,500 per day that the violation exists. Please click here to read the official notice. The... Read more »
- Public Hearing Regarding Proposed CDBG Grant ApplicationThe Citizen Participation Committee of the Village of Wausaukee will conduct a public hearing regarding its proposed application for grant funds from the Community Development Block Grant – Planning Grant Program (CDBG-PLNG). The public is invited to attend to learn about the CDBG program, to help identify additional community development... Read more »
- Fair Housing Ordinance AmendmentThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on April 18th, 2018 approved an amendment to Village ordinance 2018-09. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment – 2018-09 The post Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Public Notice – Registry Listing for Zoning ChangesPursuant to Wis. Stats. Secs. 62.23(7)(d)4 and 66.1001(4)(f), the Village has adopted Ordinance 2018-13 (Sec. 13-1-226) which states that the Village must maintain a list of citizens who submit a written or electronic request to receive notice of any proposed municipal zoning action or ordinance change, or comprehensive plan amendment,... Read more »
- We Want Your Opinion!!The Village of Wausaukee wishes to improve the user experience at Evergreen Campground and we want your input! Currently, the Village is contemplating upgrades to include: a new bathroom/shower facility water and sewer hook-ups at the campsites trail markers and signage for the walking trails warming shelter/trail head for snowshoeing... Read more »