Welcome to Wausaukee Wisconsin
Wausaukee is centrally located in the northern County of Marinette, right on Highway 141. Marinette County offers vast public lands, ATV/snowmobile trails, and beautiful scenery including waterfalls, lakes, streams, forests, and rolling hills.
In fact, the name Wausaukee comes from the native settlers in the area – the Menominee Indians – and means “among the rolling hills.” The Wausaukee area is a great place for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping.
Wausaukee was originally founded in 1887. It grew because of the logging industry in the area. Over the years, many businesses came to Wausaukee to support the logging community including saw mills, grocery stores, restaurants, churches, and schools. To learn more about the history of Wausaukee click here. You will find information about the original founders, historic buildings, and industries in the area including over 200 authentic, historical photos.
Take your time to peruse our site and learn about wonderful Wausaukee, Wisconsin and all that it has to offer!
- Snowmobile Safety Course at Wausaukee Village HallThe Bear Point Sno-Cruisers Snowmobile Club will sponsor a WI DNR Certified snowmobile safety course Thursday December 27th – Friday December 28th. Anyone 11.5 years of age and older is welcome to attend. The cost is $10 per student, and registration can be completed online gowild.wi.gov. Please click here for... Read more »
- 2019 Budget Hearing set for November 27th at 5:30 pmThe Wausaukee Village Board will hold a public hearing on the proposed 2019 budget on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 5:30 pm. The proposed budget, in detail, is available for inspection in the Clerk’s office from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. To view of summary of the... Read more »
- Hydrant flushing to begin November 1stThe Village of Wausaukee will begin flushing and winterizing hydrants starting November 1st through the 15th. Residents may see temporary discoloration of their water. Click here to read the full notice. The post Hydrant flushing to begin November 1st appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Public Hearing scheduled for November 27th at 5 pmPlease take notice that the Village Board, per Wis. Stat. 66.1003(4)(a), initiated the discontinuance of Kennedy Street and Fugate Road in the Village of Wausaukee. A Public Hearing will be held on Tuesday, November 27th at the Wausaukee Village Hall. The Resolution to vacate these public ways can be viewed... Read more »
- Fair Housing Ordinance AmendmentThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on April 18th, 2018 approved an amendment to Village ordinance 2018-09. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment – 2018-09 The post Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Public Notice – Registry Listing for Zoning ChangesPursuant to Wis. Stats. Secs. 62.23(7)(d)4 and 66.1001(4)(f), the Village has adopted Ordinance 2018-13 (Sec. 13-1-226) which states that the Village must maintain a list of citizens who submit a written or electronic request to receive notice of any proposed municipal zoning action or ordinance change, or comprehensive plan amendment,... Read more »
- We Want Your Opinion!!The Village of Wausaukee wishes to improve the user experience at Evergreen Campground and we want your input! Currently, the Village is contemplating upgrades to include: a new bathroom/shower facility water and sewer hook-ups at the campsites trail markers and signage for the walking trails warming shelter/trail head for snowshoeing... Read more »
- Ordinance AmendmentsThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on February 21st, 2018 approved amendments to Village ordinances 2018-01 to 2018-06. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. 2018-01 2018-02 2018-03 2018-04 2018-05 2018-06 The post Ordinance Amendments appeared first on Village... Read more »