Welcome to Wausaukee Wisconsin
Wausaukee is centrally located in the northern County of Marinette, right on Highway 141. Marinette County offers vast public lands, ATV/snowmobile trails, and beautiful scenery including waterfalls, lakes, streams, forests, and rolling hills.
In fact, the name Wausaukee comes from the native settlers in the area – the Menominee Indians – and means “among the rolling hills.” The Wausaukee area is a great place for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping.
Wausaukee was originally founded in 1887. It grew because of the logging industry in the area. Over the years, many businesses came to Wausaukee to support the logging community including saw mills, grocery stores, restaurants, churches, and schools. To learn more about the history of Wausaukee click here. You will find information about the original founders, historic buildings, and industries in the area including over 200 authentic, historical photos.
Take your time to peruse our site and learn about wonderful Wausaukee, Wisconsin and all that it has to offer!
- Wausaukee11th Annual Fall FestivalJoin us Saturday, October 5th from 9 am to 4 pm for Wausaukee’s 11th Annual Fall Festival!! Free horse drawn wagon rides, free face painting for kids, booyah by Pastor Fred’s Food Pantry, bake sales, food, refreshments, Black Husky Brewing, farmer’s market, music by the band Music Jar, and more!... Read more »
- Hydrant FlushingThe Village of Wausaukee will be flushing and winterizing fire hydrants and exercising valves starting September 23, 2019 and will continue until October 7, 2019. Flushing will be done from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday – Friday. There may be discoloration in the water during this time. If you... Read more »
- Public Hearing Regarding the Status of Wausaukee’s Planning GrantThe Wausaukee Village Board will conduct a public hearing on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 5 pm to update residents on the status of the Community Development Block Grant [CDBG] the Village received from the Wisconsin Department of Administration. The grant is funding a feasibility study on repurposing the former... Read more »
- Wausaukee’s Independence Day Celebration!!Wausaukee’s Independence Day Celebration is scheduled for July 6th!! Please follow the link below to view the day’s schedule of activities. 4th of July Poster The post Wausaukee’s Independence Day Celebration!! appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Public Comment Session Regarding a Proposed Community CenterA public comment session will be held Tuesday, June 18th at 6 pm at the former Stephenson National Bank building, 704 Main Street. The meeting will consist of a guided tour, and provide a chance to hear feedback from Cedar Corporation’s architects who have been working on a feasibility study... Read more »
- Advertisement for BidsDescription: Renovations to Evergreen Park will include construction of a new shower/bathroom building, new water, sewer, and electrical hookups, grading existing campground, new gravel drive and parking pads, pavilion expansion, fishing pier, and gravel parking lot. Click here to read the full bid advertisement. The post Advertisement for Bids appeared... Read more »
- Independence Day Fireworks Display Donation FormThe Fireworks in the Village of Wausaukee have been solely sponsored by donations. We want to continue the tradition of great fireworks and we need your help. All of the money received for fireworks comes from individual donations, business contributions, and budgeted funds from the Village and Town of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Notice of Open Book & Board of ReviewClick here to read the official notice of Open Book and BOR Open Book: Notice is hereby given that the 2019 assessment roll will be open for public inspections in the clerk’s office at the Wausaukee Village Hall on Monday, May 6, 2019. Hours of public inspection are from... Read more »
- Spring Clean-Up Day and Leaves and Brush Pick-up Week in MayLeaves and Brush Pick-Up Week The Village will be picking up leaves and brush curbside the week of May 13-17, 2019. Please see the official notice for details. Spring Clean-Up Day Spring Clean-Up Day – The Village will be providing dumpsters for the disposal of items not... Read more »
- Notice to residents/businesses regarding sump pump dischargeVillage of Wausaukee Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator in Charge, Jeff Mayou, has issued a public statement regarding illicit sump pump connections to the sanitary sewer system. Violators may be subject to fines up to $2,500 per day that the violation exists. Please click here to read the official notice. The... Read more »