Welcome to Wausaukee Wisconsin
Wausaukee is centrally located in the northern County of Marinette, right on Highway 141. Marinette County offers vast public lands, ATV/snowmobile trails, and beautiful scenery including waterfalls, lakes, streams, forests, and rolling hills.
In fact, the name Wausaukee comes from the native settlers in the area – the Menominee Indians – and means “among the rolling hills.” The Wausaukee area is a great place for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping.
Wausaukee was originally founded in 1887. It grew because of the logging industry in the area. Over the years, many businesses came to Wausaukee to support the logging community including saw mills, grocery stores, restaurants, churches, and schools. To learn more about the history of Wausaukee click here. You will find information about the original founders, historic buildings, and industries in the area including over 200 authentic, historical photos.
Take your time to peruse our site and learn about wonderful Wausaukee, Wisconsin and all that it has to offer!
- 2nd Annual Christmas in the ParkThe Wausaukee Business Association, in partnership with the Village of Wausaukee, is excited to announce the 2nd annual Christmas in the Park Holiday Lights Display! Individuals, businesses, and organizations each sponsor and decorate a site for your viewing pleasure! Sites are lit from 4pm to 11pm daily starting December 1st... Read more »
- Supper With SantaThe Village of Wausaukee is proud to co-sponsor ‘Supper With Santa’ at Wausaukee High School next Thursday, December 20th from 5 – 7 pm!!!! Join us for a free meal, music, and of course, SANTA CLAUS!! Volunteers are still needed for this event! If you would like to help, please... Read more »
- 2020 Budget Hearing Scheduled for November 19thNotice is hereby given that on Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the Wausaukee Village Hall, a Public Hearing on the proposed 2020 budget will be held. Following public input, the board will vote on the adoption of the 2020 budget. The proposed budget, in detail, is available... Read more »
- Advertisement for Bids – Evergreen Park Improvement ProjectDescription: Renovations to Evergreen Park will include construction of a new shower/bathroom building, new water, sewer, and electrical hookups, grading existing campground, new gravel drive and parking pads, pavilion expansion, fishing pier, and gravel parking lot. Click here to read the full bid advertisement. Pre-bid meeting: November 6, 2019 at... Read more »
- FOR SALE – 2012 Ford F-550 Dump TruckThe Village of Wausaukee is accepting sealed bids for the sale of a 2012 Ford F-550 dump truck with plow and sander. Specs include: 6.7 L Power Stroke diesel engine Automatic transmission 10’ Boss DXT V-Plow 8’ Stainless steel V-Bottom Swenson Sander 19,900 miles Excellent condition Sealed bids... Read more »
- Notice of Sewer Rate Increase Effective 1/1/20Wausaukee Water/Sewer Utility is announcing a 1% increase in the SEWER RATES effective January 1, 2020. The increase is necessary to reduce the existing deficiency in present rates. This increase will affect all Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Public Authority customers of the Utility. To view the entire notice and to... Read more »
- Wausaukee’s 1st Fire Truck to Return HomeDuluth, MINN – On October 17, at 1:00 pm in Duluth Minnesota, at the Annual Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) the keys to a 1930 REO Speed Wagon fire truck will be handed back to its original owner – the community of Wausaukee, Wisconsin. MFSCA Board members led by... Read more »
- 10th Annual Turkey TrotThe Wausaukee Recreation Association will host the 10th Annual Turkey Trot on Thursday, November 28, 2019. Registration is at 8 am with the run/walk starting at 8:30 am. Click here to register and view entry fee details! The post 10th Annual Turkey Trot appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »