Welcome to Wausaukee Wisconsin
Wausaukee is centrally located in the northern County of Marinette, right on Highway 141. Marinette County offers vast public lands, ATV/snowmobile trails, and beautiful scenery including waterfalls, lakes, streams, forests, and rolling hills.
In fact, the name Wausaukee comes from the native settlers in the area – the Menominee Indians – and means “among the rolling hills.” The Wausaukee area is a great place for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping.
Wausaukee was originally founded in 1887. It grew because of the logging industry in the area. Over the years, many businesses came to Wausaukee to support the logging community including saw mills, grocery stores, restaurants, churches, and schools. To learn more about the history of Wausaukee click here. You will find information about the original founders, historic buildings, and industries in the area including over 200 authentic, historical photos.
Take your time to peruse our site and learn about wonderful Wausaukee, Wisconsin and all that it has to offer!
- Notice of Sewer Rate Increase Effective 1/1/20Wausaukee Water/Sewer Utility is announcing a 1% increase in the SEWER RATES effective January 1, 2020. The increase is necessary to reduce the existing deficiency in present rates. This increase will affect all Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Public Authority customers of the Utility. To view the entire notice and to... Read more »
- Wausaukee’s 1st Fire Truck to Return HomeDuluth, MINN – On October 17, at 1:00 pm in Duluth Minnesota, at the Annual Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) the keys to a 1930 REO Speed Wagon fire truck will be handed back to its original owner – the community of Wausaukee, Wisconsin. MFSCA Board members led by... Read more »
- 10th Annual Turkey TrotThe Wausaukee Recreation Association will host the 10th Annual Turkey Trot on Thursday, November 28, 2019. Registration is at 8 am with the run/walk starting at 8:30 am. Click here to register and view entry fee details! The post 10th Annual Turkey Trot appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Hydrant FlushingThe Village of Wausaukee will be flushing and winterizing fire hydrants and exercising valves starting September 23, 2019 and will continue until October 7, 2019. Flushing will be done from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday – Friday. There may be discoloration in the water during this time. If you... Read more »
- Public Hearing Regarding the Status of Wausaukee’s Planning GrantThe Wausaukee Village Board will conduct a public hearing on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 5 pm to update residents on the status of the Community Development Block Grant [CDBG] the Village received from the Wisconsin Department of Administration. The grant is funding a feasibility study on repurposing the former... Read more »
- Wausaukee’s Independence Day Celebration!!Wausaukee’s Independence Day Celebration is scheduled for July 6th!! Please follow the link below to view the day’s schedule of activities. 4th of July Poster The post Wausaukee’s Independence Day Celebration!! appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Public Comment Session Regarding a Proposed Community CenterA public comment session will be held Tuesday, June 18th at 6 pm at the former Stephenson National Bank building, 704 Main Street. The meeting will consist of a guided tour, and provide a chance to hear feedback from Cedar Corporation’s architects who have been working on a feasibility study... Read more »
- Advertisement for BidsDescription: Renovations to Evergreen Park will include construction of a new shower/bathroom building, new water, sewer, and electrical hookups, grading existing campground, new gravel drive and parking pads, pavilion expansion, fishing pier, and gravel parking lot. Click here to read the full bid advertisement. The post Advertisement for Bids appeared... Read more »