Welcome to Wausaukee Wisconsin
Wausaukee is centrally located in the northern County of Marinette, right on Highway 141. Marinette County offers vast public lands, ATV/snowmobile trails, and beautiful scenery including waterfalls, lakes, streams, forests, and rolling hills.
In fact, the name Wausaukee comes from the native settlers in the area – the Menominee Indians – and means “among the rolling hills.” The Wausaukee area is a great place for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping.
Wausaukee was originally founded in 1887. It grew because of the logging industry in the area. Over the years, many businesses came to Wausaukee to support the logging community including saw mills, grocery stores, restaurants, churches, and schools. To learn more about the history of Wausaukee click here. You will find information about the original founders, historic buildings, and industries in the area including over 200 authentic, historical photos.
Take your time to peruse our site and learn about wonderful Wausaukee, Wisconsin and all that it has to offer!
- Leaves and Brush Pick-Up in the VillageThe Village of Wausaukee will pick up leaves and brush the week of October 22nd – October 26th. Please have leaves bagged, and brush in 4′ to 5′ lengths and bundled. Click here to read the announcement. The post Leaves and Brush Pick-Up in the Village appeared first on Village... Read more »
- Village of Wausaukee Trick-or-TreatThe Village has set Trick-or-Treat hours for Wednesday, October 31st from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Residents are asked to turn their outside lights on if they would like to participate. Trick-or-Treat poster The post Village of Wausaukee Trick-or-Treat appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Absentee Voting Notice for the November 6, 2018 General ElectionAny qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. The first day to vote absentee in the Clerk’s office is Tuesday, September 18, 2018. Click here to view the official Type E Notice. The post... Read more »
- Fair Housing Ordinance AmendmentThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on April 18th, 2018 approved an amendment to Village ordinance 2018-09. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment – 2018-09 The post Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- 2017 Consumer Confidence Report now available for inspectionClick here to view the 2017 CCR. The post 2017 Consumer Confidence Report now available for inspection appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Public Notice – Registry Listing for Zoning ChangesPursuant to Wis. Stats. Secs. 62.23(7)(d)4 and 66.1001(4)(f), the Village has adopted Ordinance 2018-13 (Sec. 13-1-226) which states that the Village must maintain a list of citizens who submit a written or electronic request to receive notice of any proposed municipal zoning action or ordinance change, or comprehensive plan amendment,... Read more »
- Board Reverses Previous Decision to Decrease Size of BoardAt a Regular Village Board meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, Board members voted in favor of Charter Ordinance 2018-08 increasing the number of Trustees serving on the Board from 5 members to 7 members. This reverses a previous decision (made on November 1, 2017) to decrease the size of the... Read more »
- We Want Your Opinion!!The Village of Wausaukee wishes to improve the user experience at Evergreen Campground and we want your input! Currently, the Village is contemplating upgrades to include: a new bathroom/shower facility water and sewer hook-ups at the campsites trail markers and signage for the walking trails warming shelter/trail head for snowshoeing... Read more »
- Ordinance AmendmentsThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on February 21st, 2018 approved amendments to Village ordinances 2018-01 to 2018-06. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. 2018-01 2018-02 2018-03 2018-04 2018-05 2018-06 The post Ordinance Amendments appeared first on Village... Read more »
- Board Reduces the Size of the Planning CommissionAt a Special Board meeting on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, the Board voted in favor of Village Ordinance 2017-07 reducing the number of members on the Planning Commission (WPC) from 7 members to 5 members. The transition to a 5 man Board will be in conjunction with the transition of... Read more »