Welcome to Wausaukee Wisconsin
Wausaukee is centrally located in the northern County of Marinette, right on Highway 141. Marinette County offers vast public lands, ATV/snowmobile trails, and beautiful scenery including waterfalls, lakes, streams, forests, and rolling hills.
In fact, the name Wausaukee comes from the native settlers in the area – the Menominee Indians – and means “among the rolling hills.” The Wausaukee area is a great place for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping.
Wausaukee was originally founded in 1887. It grew because of the logging industry in the area. Over the years, many businesses came to Wausaukee to support the logging community including saw mills, grocery stores, restaurants, churches, and schools. To learn more about the history of Wausaukee click here. You will find information about the original founders, historic buildings, and industries in the area including over 200 authentic, historical photos.
Take your time to peruse our site and learn about wonderful Wausaukee, Wisconsin and all that it has to offer!
- Ordinance AmendmentsThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on February 21st, 2018 approved amendments to Village ordinances 2018-01 to 2018-06. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. 2018-01 2018-02 2018-03 2018-04 2018-05 2018-06 The post Ordinance Amendments appeared first on Village... Read more »
- Voting by Absentee Ballot**Attention electors of the Village of Wausaukee** The 2018 Spring Primary will be held February 20, 2018. Qualified electors who are unable to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request an absentee ballot by mail, or may vote in person in the Clerk’s Office during specified hours. ... Read more »
- Board Reduces the Size of the Planning CommissionAt a Special Board meeting on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, the Board voted in favor of Village Ordinance 2017-07 reducing the number of members on the Planning Commission (WPC) from 7 members to 5 members. The transition to a 5 man Board will be in conjunction with the transition of... Read more »
- Board Reduces Number of Trustees by Charter OrdinanceAt a Special Village Board meeting on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, Board members voted in favor of Charter Ordinance 2017-06 reducing the number of Trustees serving on the Board from 7 members to 5 members. The change will take place over the next two spring elections with 2 seats (instead... Read more »
- Winter Parking Restrictions*Reminder to all residents* Parking on any Village street is prohibited between the hours of 1 am and 6 am from November 15th through April 1st to allow for snow plowing. Click here to read the notice. The post Winter Parking Restrictions appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Snow Removal Policy**The Village Board would like to remind all residents/business owners that if your property abuts a public sidewalk, you are responsible for snow removal! In addition, large motorized vehicles are not allowed on any public sidewalk. The Board will, however, allow for snowblowers and small ATV’s/UTV’s with plows on the... Read more »