Welcome to Wausaukee Wisconsin
Wausaukee is centrally located in the northern County of Marinette, right on Highway 141. Marinette County offers vast public lands, ATV/snowmobile trails, and beautiful scenery including waterfalls, lakes, streams, forests, and rolling hills.
In fact, the name Wausaukee comes from the native settlers in the area – the Menominee Indians – and means “among the rolling hills.” The Wausaukee area is a great place for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping.
Wausaukee was originally founded in 1887. It grew because of the logging industry in the area. Over the years, many businesses came to Wausaukee to support the logging community including saw mills, grocery stores, restaurants, churches, and schools. To learn more about the history of Wausaukee click here. You will find information about the original founders, historic buildings, and industries in the area including over 200 authentic, historical photos.
Take your time to peruse our site and learn about wonderful Wausaukee, Wisconsin and all that it has to offer!
- **Attention Homeowners**Homeowners – If your home is in need of repairs, you may qualify for home rehabilitation assistance through the NE Wisconsin Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) – Housing Loan Program! The Village of Wausaukee will host an informational session for all residents (Marinette County) on Wednesday, May 23rd at 6... Read more »
- Notice of Open Book and Board of ReviewOpen Book will be held Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 from 10 am to 12 pm at the Wausaukee Village Hall. Board of Review will be held on Wednesday, June 6th from 3 pm to 5 pm at the Wausaukee Village Hall. Click here to read the official notice and review... Read more »
- Notice of Village Board VacancyThe Wausaukee Village Board is seeking to fill a newly created Trustee seat. Interested residents are encouraged to apply by May 21, 2018 at 5 pm in the Clerk’s office. Click here to read the official notice. The post Notice of Village Board Vacancy appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Fair Housing Ordinance AmendmentThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on April 18th, 2018 approved an amendment to Village ordinance 2018-09. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment – 2018-09 The post Fair Housing Ordinance Amendment appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- 2017 Consumer Confidence Report now available for inspectionClick here to view the 2017 CCR. The post 2017 Consumer Confidence Report now available for inspection appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Leaves & Brush Pick-up Week and Spring Clean-Up Day Coming Soon!!The Village of Wausaukee will again be picking up leaves and brush the week of May 14 – 18, 2018. Click here for details. Spring Clean-up Day will be held Saturday, May 19th from 8am to 12pm for items not otherwise accepted during normal garbage pick-up (charges may apply). Residents... Read more »
- Ordinance AmendmentThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on March 21st, 2018 approved an amendment to Village ordinance 2018-07. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. 2018-07 The post Ordinance Amendment appeared first on Village of Wausaukee.... Read more »
- Board Reverses Previous Decision to Decrease Size of BoardAt a Regular Village Board meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, Board members voted in favor of Charter Ordinance 2018-08 increasing the number of Trustees serving on the Board from 5 members to 7 members. This reverses a previous decision (made on November 1, 2017) to decrease the size of the... Read more »
- We Want Your Opinion!!The Village of Wausaukee wishes to improve the user experience at Evergreen Campground and we want your input! Currently, the Village is contemplating upgrades to include: a new bathroom/shower facility water and sewer hook-ups at the campsites trail markers and signage for the walking trails warming shelter/trail head for snowshoeing... Read more »
- Ordinance AmendmentsThe Village Board at their regular Board meeting on February 21st, 2018 approved amendments to Village ordinances 2018-01 to 2018-06. Please click the links below to view the ordinances in their entirety. 2018-01 2018-02 2018-03 2018-04 2018-05 2018-06 The post Ordinance Amendments appeared first on Village... Read more »